TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLYING TO SYSTEM INSTALLATIONS DONE BY MY ATTENDANCE OR PARADIGM DYNAMIX PTY LTD
Herein contained are the terms and conditions of installation, service, and maintenance of said system. “Customer” shall be used to identify name of the person or business affixed to face of Contract and “Company” shall apply to Paradigm Dynamix pty LTD.
1) Installation: Company agrees to install the equipment listed in a workmanlike manner in accordance with the following conditions:
- Customer will make premises available without interruption during Company’s normal working hours, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- Customer understands that the installation will necessitate drilling into various parts of the premises. Company intends generally to conceal wiring in the finished areas of the premises, however, there may be areas in which due to construction, decoration or furnishing of the premises, Company determines, in its sole discretion that it would be impractical to conceal the wiring and in such cases, wire will be exposed.
- Customer agrees to provide 240V AC electrical outlets at the designated locations for equipment requiring AC power.
- Customer agrees to provide for any lifting equipment and civil works not covered by the company’s schedule or proposal for works.
- Customer understands that installation requires drilling holes in interior and exterior walls. Company limits its liability to the patching of said holes and Company cannot be responsible for providing paint or wall coverings to match those colors or coverings existing within Customer’s premises.
- Customer agrees to provide network points (IEEE Standard) at the designated locations for equipment requiring network connectivity.
- Customer is responsible for armed response / monitoring station connectivity. Company and its’ employees are within their right to refuse to make such connections.
2) Ownership of the equipment is to remain with Company until the full purchase price is paid. Failure to pay the purchase price of the installed equipment when due shall give Company the right, without obligation, to repossess that equipment with or without notice, and to avail itself of any legal remedy.
Any costs for collection, including reasonable legal fees are at the Customer’s expense.
3) Limited warranty – all materials, equipment and labour used are covered by a 30-day warranty following installation, after which materials and equipment are on a 12 month ‘carry-in warranty’. After 30 days, at the company’s discretion, a call-out fee will be applied. All materials and equipment will be repaired or replaced at the company’s option with a new or functional operative part. Labour and material required to repair or replace such defective components or to make mechanical adjustments to the system will be free of charge for a period of ninety (90) calendar days following the completion of the original installation. The customer’s remedies hereunder and under any implied warranties, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness, are expressly limited to repair or replacement as stated above. Company shall in no event be liable for any consequential damages whatsoever. The warranty printed above does not apply to the conditions listed below. In the event that customer calls company for warranty related service and upon inspection by the company representative it is found that one of these conditions has led to the inoperability or apparent inoperability of the system, a charge will be made for the call-out of the company representative whether or not he/she actually works on the system. Should it actually be necessary to make repairs to the system due to one of the “conditions not covered by warranty”, a charge will be made for such work at company’s then applicable rates for labour and material.
Conditions Not Covered by Warranty:
- Damage resulting from accidents, theft, attempted theft, acts of God, alteration, misuse, tampering and abuse.
- Failure of Customer to properly follow operating instructions provided by Company at time of installation.
- Trouble with network or interruption to commercial power.
- Any fines, fees or other costs due to false alarms.
- Batteries, resistors, cable and other consumable items.
4) Errors or omissions in construction or installation of the system must be called to the attention of Company by the Customer, in writing, within ten (10) calendar days of completion of installation. Upon expiration of said ten (10) days, the installation and the protection provided shall be deemed accepted by Customer.
The Company shall reserve its’ right to forego any responsibility for honoring any Warranty based on the below:
- Defects or alterations to the security system caused by or arising from any circumstances beyond the control of the Company. For example, fire, burglary, flood, lightning, act of God, war, civil disturbance, malicious damage, vandalism, negligence, interference, modification to the premises, misuse, or failure to operate the security system by the customer or any other person. The cost of repairs or replacement due to defects of the security system caused by environmental conditions or processes not normally found at the premises or introduced after the installation are excluded and shall be chargeable.
- Malfunctions due to mains power supplies, power spikes, corruption or radio interference.
- Setting of or tampering with equipment by any person other than the authorized Company.
- Internal and external cable damage either over or underground.
- The addition of any non-Paradigm Dynamix approved equipment, changing any programming settings or equipment move, replacement or addition.
- Equipment that has been stolen or damaged by attempted theft.
6) Hiring of scaffolding, hoists or other specialized climbing apparatus will be charged to the client when such equipment is required. The maintenance agreement (if applicable) assumes that all parts of the security system are at such height as to be accessible safely using secured steps or ladders, as per our Health and Safety Policy.
7) Installation Considerations
a). The effectiveness and reliability of existing cabling by others is excluded.
b). Repositioning or resetting of existing cameras, detectors or keypads are excluded. The resetting of any equipment is to be quoted for additionally.
c). It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that any ASDL/Fibre/Wireless broadband line fault or other network related service outage is dealt with prior to installation. Company will in no way accept any responsibility for any network issues before, during or after installation
d). It is the sole responsibility of the customer to arrange insurance of the equipment specified in this quotation against theft or damage.
e). If hired, the system must be returned in a clean, serviceable and working condition.
8) Maintenance of Existing systems
a). Installer/Administration lockout – It is the sole responsibility of the client to provide Company with any installation or access codes required for maintenance or repair. Should a system be locked by means of installer or administration code, Company reserves the right to quote for a system reset and reprogram.
b). With reference to the above, should client refuse to accept quotation for reprogramming or reset – Company reserves the right to charge for a call-out and labour as per normal rates.
9) Quotation Terms
b). Any quotations supplied are valid for a period of twenty-four (24) hours.
c). Upon acceptance, an initial deposit of 60% is required prior to commencement of work.
d). A final payment of 40% (excluding any extras) is due to company prior to handover.
e). Any extra equipment supplied or installed will be billed for over and above the final invoice amount due to company.